Creatoyz is a new section of Artoyz.com. This section is both creative and participative and open to toy lovers, customs makers and anybody entusiastic about toys in general.
In this new section you will be able to:
- Submit your customs, it could be virtual customs (created with the help of Photoshop, Illustrator or any other graphic creation softwares…) or real customs (hand-painted or drawn figures)
- Vote for your favourite customs that may become produced some day.
- And mostly: See your custom become a real produced toy !
How to create a custom?
- Virtual: You can download the templates in the “Downloads” section. You will find files related to the current contest that you will be able to use on Illustrator, Photoshop or any other software you like to create with.
- Real: Grab the DIY toy related to the contest on our website, in our shops, or in Authorized Artoyz Dealers.
How can I submit my creation?
- Virtual: You will send us back the 4 views of your custom (front, back, sides) with the following extensions .eps, .jpg, .ai or .pdf. Please zip all these files with the following infos “YOUR-NAME_NAME-OF-YOUR-CUSTOM.zip”. And then send it to us
- Thru mail, if the file is less than 5Mo
- By Uploading your file (with Yousendit, Sendbigfile, those kind of sites) if the file is bigger than 5Mo
- Real: You will send us at least 4 pictures of your creations (front side, back side and sides). The size of a picture should be 428 x 488 pixels.
How to vote?
From February 23rd , 2011 the contributions will be seen by everyone browsing Artoyz in the Virtual Gallery section. Each visitor will be able to vote once for each custom. You can give a note from 1 to 5. The average note as well as the number of entries will be public.
You can do whatever you want, create the design you want, use the colors you want, techniques you prefer.
Keep in mind this very important constraint: The more complicated a custom is, the more difficult to produce it would be.
Manufactures can do great things, but too many details will be technically impossible to produce.
You can choose to draw additional accessories for your custom, but keep in mind that we may choose not to produce the accessories if your design wins.
It’s preferable to select a limited number of colours, either if you plan to do a real or a virtual custom.
Please notify each pantone color you use on your files.
Rules of the current contest
- The current contest is about ELEMENTS figures by Artoyz Originals.
- This contest is open to everybody
- You can choose to customize an ELEMENT Fire, Water, Earth or Air.
- For painted customs, you can choose either a 3’’ ELEMENT or by preference a 8’’ ELEMENT FAIS-LE TOI-MEME
- You can submit as many customs as you want
- You have until March 1st, 2011 to submit your creations.
- Visitors will have until March 13th, 2011 to vote for their favourite creations.
- After the vote, a jury build-up of Artoyz crew and a selection of artists will pick up a custom amongst the 10 customs with the highest votes.
- The chosen one will be featured in the forthcoming ELEMENTS BETA SERIES to be released in 2011.
- The winner will earn 25 pieces of his own figure, and an entire set of ELEMENTS BETA SERIES including all the produced designs.
- The 2 others customs with the highest votes from the Jury will receive vouchers available on Artoyz Originals products. 300€ for the 2nd and 200€ for the 3rd.
- Furthermore, the 3 customs selected by the Jury will receive a digital canvas of their creation on a 40x40cm printed canvas by Manzi.be, a belgian company dedicated to High-quality printing.
- Artoyz reserves the right to modify the winning creation to match factories’ constraints.
- Artoyz reserves the right to cancel votes if a fraud is revealed.
- Artoyz reserves the right to cancel the present contest, or change the rules for any reason.
- The winning design agrees to fully give the rights of use of his design to Artoyz.
- By entering this contest, you fully agree to these rules.
You read everything ? Now you are ready to enter the contest ? A quick sum-up in pictures, and if you have any question, please send us a mail to email@example.com and we will post answers here.